Last Sunday afternoon I whispered to Janelle that I thought we needed to paint Daddy's toenails so he would match us. She thought this was a fantastic idea and ran to tell Daddy who, unfortunately, did NOT think it was such a great idea. He looked at me and I could see his wheels turning. I think he was mentally trying to remind himself of all the reasons he loved me because he was considering dousing me with the glass of water in his hand. Instead, he calmly but firmly said, "Boys don't paint their nails, sweetie." Poor Nelly was instantly in tears. This wasn't a tantrum (we've seen enough of those). This was a little heart totally disappointed. You should have seen the look on Andy's face. He was stricken. He looked at me and then looked at Nelly. You could almost see his brain computing how much of his manhood he was willing to sacrifice, calculating how much testosterone would leak from his body with every pink toenail. He sighed heavily and said, "Alright. Just one." He walked to the chair like a man walking the plank and now, much to Janelle's delight, he has one pink toenail. We chose a big one, of course.
It's just one more reason we love Daddy. He enjoys tea parties, will wear princess jewelry, has pretended to be a "boy-fairy" when Nelly plays fairy, and now has one painted toenail. Lipstick and eyeshadow are just around the corner.

This is Andy's "I can't believe I'm about to do this" face.

The final product. I had to catch him on the run because he didn't want me to take a picture.


This is the most hilarious thing I have read in a long time. I can't wait until Mark gets home to read and see this... :) What a dad!
ReplyDelete