Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankfulness

I am thankful for nap time.

I am thankful for my 7am cup of coffee.

I am thankful for that scrumptious smell of girlies fresh out of the tub.

I am thankful for Beans and Pickles and whatever new, silly nickname finds a forever home in our family.

I am thankful for spontaneous love notes and the guy who still writes them.

I am thankful that we are not the authors of our story. And I am thankful that it is not even our story to begin with.

I am thankful that His grace is sufficient. I Cor 12:9 His love is immeasurable. Psalm 57:10 His faithfulness is forever. Psalm 117:2

We have so much to be thankful for this year. My cup isn't just running over. It is gushing over the top and splashing all over my shoes. Here is Nelly's Countdown to Thanksgiving "Thankfulness List":


One of my favorites is #13) Rest. Amen Sister! But the one that sends shivers down my spine is #25) $10,000 toward our adoption!!

That's right folks. In less than 6 months, we have officially reached our first goal of $10,000. How BIG is our God?

Come let us sing for joy to the Lord;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our Salvation.
Let us come before him with
THANKSGIVING
and extol him with music and song.
For the Lord is a GREAT God,
the great King above all gods.
In His hand are the depths of the earth
and the mountain peaks belong to Him.
The sea is His, for He made it,
and His hands formed the dry land.
Come let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
for He is our God
and we are the people of His pasture,
the flock under His care.
Psalm 95:1-7


2 comments:

  1. $10k? That is awesome!!! Happy weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how God is writing your story! You've given Him power of the pen, and He is creating something with His Name all over it. ~Steph

    ReplyDelete