Sunday, December 18, 2011

What I Learned From Our Christmas Play

1.) Mary wore leopard print ballet flats. Apparently, she was a fashion icon ahead of her time. Who knew?

2.)  While sitting in the second row, holding a camera in one hand and a video camera in the other, I suddenly realized I was THAT mom. Yikes.

3.) If your camera has been hovering on the edge of certain death for weeks now, it will inevitably keel over in the middle of your eldest's first Christmas program. It's OK though because even in its death throes, it still managed to capture this which may be one of my top 10 favorite pictures of the year:


4.) Man, those two could pass as siblings. I never noticed before.

5.) If you spend the months before the Christmas program watching The Sing-Off with your daughter, you will need to have a serious discussion before said program about NOT breaking into choreography in the middle of a song. Or grabbing the microphone. (She listened well and kept her dance moves to a minimum "bobbing" in place. Although she proudly proclaimed afterward that the entire time she was pretending to be one of the Pentatonix...)


No comments:

Post a Comment