
If you think Janelle looks particularly delighted in this picture, you would be right. She is modelling a new fall/winter outfit I bought on Ebay. ($7 new, thank you very much. The price has no bearing on this story, but I threw it in because my penny-pinching, deal-hunting nature is pretty proud of that purchase.) Janelle adores clothes. Not just in a "That's a pretty shirt" kind-of-way. She loves clothes in a "Wow, Mama! Let's have a fashion show right now!" kind-of way. She is equally thrilled by everything from shirts and dresses to pants and even socks. She becomes giddy over a new pair of bubble-gum pink, striped socks. And, being a girl, her adoration extends to shoes. Of course. (Especially flip-flops.) When it was too miserable to go outside last winter we would pass the time by trying on every shoe in the house over and over again. When I gathered all of her fall/winter clothes this week to prepare for the season change, Janelle acted like Christmas had come early. I'm not sure if Lilly will be equally enthralled with clothes, but I do know she enjoys crawling around the house with one of Nelly's colored socks clutched in her chunky little fist. I foresee a chest of dress-up clothes in our future.

I'm not sure where Janelle's interest in clothes originated. It's not genetic. Although I enjoy a perfect pair of Levis jeans or a little black cocktail dress now, I was never overly fascinated by clothes as a child. I distinctly remember one Christmas I felt so sorry for my Mom because almost all of the gifts she received were clothes. How boring! I resolved to ask for cooler things like Legos when I grew-up.
But rest assured as far as Janelle is concerned, she is not a complete sissy, girly-girl. She still loves wrestling with Daddy, playing with Matchbox cars, and most importantly, watching football. We'll say she is a well-rounded child.


No comments:
Post a Comment