
I've never had a sister. When we first discovered Janelle would have a little sister, I wondered what their relationship would look like. I imagined that there would be some silly fights and clothes swapping and late-night giggling but beyond that, I was clueless. Everyday I watch them together, I learn a little more. It is all new territory for me. I had no idea how absolutely incredible it would be to watch this amazing bond of love develop between Janelle and Lilly...
the way Janelle patiently tries to teach Lilly to say words like "chair" and "sewage treatment plant".
to watch Lilly's face light up when she first sees "Jaja" in the morning.
to watch Janelle proudly introduce her sister to any strangers we meet.
the way Lilly tries so hard to do whatever her sister happens to be doing, whether it's dancing or throwing a ball or jumping or looking at a book.
the way Janelle runs to the rescue to whisper sweet-nothings in her sister's ear whenever Lilly cries.
whenever I turn to find Lilly watching Janelle with rapt attention.
the way Janelle wraps her arms around her sister and says "I so wuv you Wilwy!"
Of all the things we've tried to give them as parents: gifts, lessons, love... today I am most proud that we gave them each other. Sisters.


No comments:
Post a Comment