Saturday, May 8, 2010

One Of THOSE Mothers

Before I became a mother...

I decided I was never going to be one of those mothers who accidentally called their children by the wrong names. (Or worse, by the dog's name.)

I decided I was never going to be one of those mothers who "let themselves go" and sported the perpetual pony tail.

I decided I was never going to be one of those mothers who ever resorted to the retort, "Because I said so."

I decided I was never going to be one of those mothers who nursed their children past the age of one.

I decided I was never ever (EVER!) going to be one of those mothers cruising around town in a minivan.

Oops.


4 comments:

  1. i just wanted to say that i wish this was facebook so i could "like" your post :)
    -katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seriously never known anyone to rock a ponytail like you, though. Happy mother's day to a dedicated Mommy! ~Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness. I have already mixed up Madeline and Beab's names. It doesn't bode well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to quote you someday with this post! This is SOOOOOOO true. I love honesty - and a good, hard working, ever rugged and loving mom. Good job Jill.
    -Missy

    ReplyDelete