We move tomorrow. I feel like I should either write a suitably poignant or at least vaguely amusing blog entry but I find that I do not have 2 brain cells left to devote to the topic. My little head is so full of lists right now (things left to pack, numbers I need to call, cleaning yet to be tackled, last minute check lists, meal plans, babysitter info, etc...) it's actually a miracle that I can speak (or write) in sentences instead of numerically listed points.But the fact remains that tomorrow we move. Honestly, it feels like a lot more than a relocation; it feels like the beginning of an entire new stage of our lives.
We are leaving behind our precious, little home... the home where Andy & I had our first real date, where he proposed to me, where we have spent every Christmas of our married lives together, and where we brought each of our girls home from the hospital. I can honestly say that I have been the happiest I have ever been inside this house we've made a home. God brought us together and He blessed us abundantly.
Then He gave us a mission and provided the means to begin.
Let's be honest. Up to this point, all the adoption talk has been just that: talk. Tomorrow it will be time to stop talking. We told God that we were all aboard the adoption bandwagon if He would provide the house. I think it would be safe to say (if you will permit me to brandish a few metaphors), the ball is in our court now, this is where the rubber meets the road and push comes to shove. It's time to prove that all those things we've said about adoption were more than just good intentions and sentimental fluff. It's time to step up. And we know life will never be the same. We would be lying if we said we weren't terrified but we will cling tightly to the hand of Jesus and follow wherever He leads.
We are about to take the first step on a frightening and exhilarating new adventure. And somewhere in Ethiopia, there is a child who is one step closer to having a Mama & a Daddy.
It all begins tomorrow.


I think this is why Saturday morning found me an emotional goofball... Getting teary-eyed randomly thinking about everything happening on your side of town. This new house is a home with purpose filled with a family of vision led by Jesus!
ReplyDeleteCheering from the other side of town,
Steph