Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lilly's Timeout Tips

1.) Firstly, it is important to rarely exhibit behavior that elicits a timeout sentence, thus storing up as much angst as possible for one tremendous episode.

2.) Keeping the Enforcer off-balance is key in these situations. I find that beginning the period of incarceration by screeching "I'M QUIET NOW!!! MOMMY, I'M QUIET NOW!!!!" at the top of my lungs works well.

3.) If the Enforcer is unswayed by your argument, you may need to tweak your tactics a bit. At this point, I switch to, "JILL!! JILL!! JILL, I AM QUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEETTTT!!" Feel free to substitute the name of your particular enforcer.

4.) You can add flailing, kicking, rolling etc. to your repertoire if you feel the need, but I have found a purely vocal assault to be my personal strong suit. Play to your strengths.

5.) When all else fails, never underestimate the power of our secret weapon: puppy-dog eyes.

6.) I can not over-emphasize how essential patience, endurance, and fortitude are in these confrontations. Stick with it! Your goal should be at least 45 minutes. And then capitulation should only come when your vocal chords have utterly failed you and the only sound that comes out is a pathetic little rasp.

Good Luck Friends!

Your Comrade in Arms,
Lilly Pickle


No comments:

Post a Comment