Sunday, April 10, 2011

On The Run... Again

I know you have all been waiting with baited breath for news of our next adoption fundraiser.

*crickets*

(There is a desperate need for the development of a sarcasm font. Moving on...)

We've contemplated many fundraiser options over these past winter months, but in the end, decided to stick with what we know. That's right folks.

We are on the run again.

Only this time, we're dragging bringing some friends along with us.

This summer a team of 5 racers will be running 5K's in 5 local towns. We will be asking businesses in each of these towns to consider sponsoring us for $50. In return:
1.) Their business name will be printed on our race shirts
2.) They will be recognized on our blog and in our newsletter
3.) Their business name will be printed on a sign displayed at their town's race

It's positive advertising for businesses and a family for an orphan: everyone wins.

If you know of a business who would be interested in sponsorship, please contact us. And if you have a set of lungs and you want to come cheer us on (some of us need all the help we can get), here is our race list:

July 2 - Galeton Fire Department Benefit 5K - Galeton
July 9 - Elk County Classic - Johnsonburg
August 6 - Bob Swanson Memorial 5K - Mt. Jewett
August 13 - Lee Foster Memorial 5K - St. Marys
August 20 - David Hutton Memorial 5K - Emporium

And without further ado, I give you The Fabulous Five:

I think you are familiar with these two crazy kids.



Chris "The Hurdler"


We first introduced blog-readers to Chris in this post. He is a well-dressed fella, to say the least. We're kind of thinking he has an unfair advantage over the rest of us since he was on the track team in high school and the only one of us that was ever actually coached in this whole running craze. We did tell him that there won't actually be any hurdles in these 5K's but maybe he will break out his trusty ol' tube socks for good luck.

Mark "The Reverend"


You may know Mark & his awesome family from this blog. I went to college with Mark & his wife, and in a bizarre twist that can only be God, we all ended up in this tiny Pennsylvania town and now he is our pastor. (I may or may not have a few pre-Reverend, college stories lurking up my sleeve. I'll just toss that tidbit out there if anyone is interested...) Now if you look closely at the above picture and are concerned because it appears that the illustrious Reverend is in agony, I assure you that he is OK. Really. Although it appears that he will either vomit or pass out at any moment (or both), that is just his running face. He's fine. Really.

Kristen "The Newbie"


You might remember Kristen aka "E" from this post. She is relatively new to the running scene. She will smile and tell you she isn't really all that competitive and her goal for each 5K is just to finish. But there is a fire in her eyes when she says it that should make you look twice. Watch your backs with this one, folks. Watch. Your. Back.

So there you have it. Our team. And all jokes aside, I get a little teary-eyed at the thought of these dear friends who love us so much, who are so invested, who have already sacrificed so much, and who already love a child they have not met.

We are blessed.


2 comments:

  1. Yay! The running post is finally here! And I can't tell you how happy I am that the words "tube socks" made it in there ;) Funny how "Silver Bullet" was no where to be found...

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, read this blog just to see if Tube Sock made an appearance. I'm glad I looked, otherwise I never would have seen that awesome picture of Pastor Mark. Oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete