Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pretty Stinkin' Lucky

I am thankful for many things.
But today I am thankful for this fella...


And this one...


I am thankful for this little guy...


And this dude...


And, of course, for these chicas...

... and for all the kiddos yet to come.

I am thankful that they have each other.


I am thankful that they get to grow up side by side.


That they will tackle life and make memories...


have adventures and pursue Jesus...

Together.

Play dates and stroller walks and playground trips will evolve into school plays and sleep overs and football games and before we know it, we'll be smack dab in the middle of youth group and prom dates and college choices.

They will succeed and they will fail.

They will celebrate and they will cry.

They will yell and they will laugh.

They will fight and they will date. (Possibly each other, gulp.)

Maybe I'm a fool for thinking that they will really stay friends through all those years. Maybe that is just sappy, wishful thinking on my part.

But I still hope it's true. 

I really do.

Because let me ask you this: What if when you were born, you not only got your own family in the package, what if you were born with your cheering squad, best buddies, and extended support system already in place?

It's called Framily (get it?) and I'd say you were

Pretty
Stinkin'
Lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment