For the past 2 days we have hit triple digits, a rare occurrence here in PA. Combined with the fact that we haven't had significant rainfall in eight long weeks, it's starting to look like an African savanna in our back yard. I habitually check for roaming lions before I take the girls out. You can never be too careful.
So, as a toast to this heat wave, I present you with our...
Tips To Avoid Completely Melting Away:
1.) Feed the dog ice cubes. Eat a couple yourself.
2.) Make friends with your neighbor with the pool.
Bribe them with baked goods if necessary.
3.) Avoid turning on the oven at all costs. Or the grill. Or the toaster oven. Our family has lived on sandwiches, pretzels, cereal, fruit, and cucumbers for a week now. But on the bright side, my grocery bill was significantly lower this week.
4.) You know I love my coffee. But seriously, even I can't drink coffee when I roll out of bed and the morning heat punches me in the gut. I highly recommend Sheetz' Dark Chocolate Frozen Mocha. Frozen coffee deliciousness. With chocolate. What more could you want?
5.) Rejoice that you haven't had to mow in weeks.
And most importantly, remember that in about 8 months we will be shoveling 3 feet of snow and ice.
Fantasize about this if necessary.


No comments:
Post a Comment