Oh January. You've been a wonky, chilly month.
You know it's been cold when 30 degrees is celebrated as a heatwave.
The temps keep plunging into the negatives and we keep throwing on more layers. We've had so many school delays and cancellations this month, I fear the kids will have to go to school until late July.
Our schedules are muddled and pajama days are coming fast and furious. Who wants to get dressed when it is 2 degrees outside and we have nowhere to go? I *might* be typing in my pajamas at this very moment...
We've passed the time making loom bracelets, playing wii bowling, and dancing to Pentatonix. We've overloaded on carbs, eaten bowls of cereal for lunch, and had breakfast for dinner (Three cheers for Brinner!) more than a few times. I've spent the evenings cocooned in blankets, nursing a cup of hot chocolate, and having dates with Doctor Who on Netflix. I can think of worse ways to spend an evening.
And then a certain fella had his gallbladder removed, spent a week on the couch, and joined us in our pajama-wearing, wii-playing, carb-eating revelry.
We're feeling a bit cooped-up, a bit stir-crazy, a bit worn-around the edges. Spring is coming but it is a long way out yet. In the meantime, we'll dig out our Valentine's decorations and bake another batch of cookies.
This is how you survive January in Pennsylvania, people.
Carbs, blankets, family, and fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment