Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Adoption Fundraiser Yard Sale, Take IV

Oi.
This was the one that just about did me in, folks. I am not a talented enough word-smith to help you adequately picture the amount of "treasures" that were crammed into this house. We are deeply grateful to everyone who chose to donate to the yard sale but MAN. . . that was the mother-load of stuff.

I was so busy pricing and sorting and pricing and organizing and pricing that I didn't even get a picture of our basement or living room this time. Just imagine all of this stuffed inside the house:



For those of you counting at home, there are 23 overflowing tables and they weren't nearly enough. Those tables held pretty much anything anyone could ever want to find at a yard sale. Seriously. Giant Jimi Hendrix poster? Got it. Deep fryers of various sizes? Yep. Diaper wipe warmer? Got it. Ceramic naked angels? Oh yes. And everything in between.

But wait, there's more!

The Baked Good Table was back by popular demand and these pretty ladies offered a smorgasbord of sugary delicacies.


We even had entertainment! Pregnant lady on moon shoes!


As much as I hate organizing yard sales, this was a pretty fantastic one. For the first time ever, the basement did NOT flood while stuffed-to-the-gills with yard sale boxes, the weather on yard sale day was picture perfect, and 90% of what was on those tables sold. Our goal for this year was $1,600 or approximately the current price of a plane ticket to Ethiopia. Our final total was $2,645.75. "Blessed" doesn't even cover it. Thank you, Jesus. 

This was a yard sale of epic proportions. I have no idea how we will top it next year but I was thinking pig roast and chainsaw jugglers...


No comments:

Post a Comment