Oh Boston, I may have turned into a country girl but you will always be one of my first loves.
A city that prides itself on its maritime prowess AND historical relevancy? Be still my heart.
A trip to Boston has been on our family bucket list for years but because of the expense, we thought it was off the table for the immediate future.
Until I started poking around to find something fun to do for our family summer vacation and stumbled upon a little company that rents houseboats in cities all over the country. And they had a whole fleet of boats in Boston! Which happen to all be docked right at Boston's historic North End!! Quincy Market! Faneuil Hall! The New England Aquarium! The Freedom Trail!
The geek in me may have flipped out a little bit.
The price was right, the girls were psyched, and we were sold. Andy unpacked his fire gear and repacked his vacation gear and we were headed for Boston.
Our houseboat, the Taurus
Checking out their beds
Dining on our boat
The view from our deck
Whale watch catamaran
C'mon whales!
We saw lots of boats but ended up being the first tour all year that saw no whales. Fortunately, they gave us rain checks that never expire so that just gives us an excellent excuse to go back another year.
Nelly's obsessions with the ocean and the solar system were joined this summer by a fascination with the American Revolution (yet another reason for our Boston trip). She was ecstatic to disover this statue of Paul Revere, he holds rock star status with Nelly. We also hit the Old North Church, Faneuil Hall, the site of Boston Massacre and Paul Revere's house. We were two very happy history-junkies.
Dinner at Quincy Market
Also on the agenda was the New England Aquarium, Pickle's favorite.
I am the mom of 2 spunky, passionate, energetic girlies who make me laugh on a daily basis. I am a book, coffee, and chocolate junkie, a perpetual-novice runner and an admitted neat-freak. I love sunny days, Christmas lights, and brownie sundaes. I am still smitten with my husband and whole-heartedly believe I am the luckiest girl ever. Most importantly, I am a redeemed sinner, Christ-follower, and daughter of the King.
No comments:
Post a Comment