Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January Greetings

In case there was any doubt, winter has arrived. It was -6 this morning when I went out to start the car. I'm pretty sure my van swore at me when I turned the key.

And then I made the mistake of feeding the rabbits with my glasses on so my breath fogged up and froze on my lenses. I was blind as a bat, trying to stuff hay in the general direction of a rabbit cage.

But now I am wrapped in a blanket with a heat pack in my lap and a mug of coffee by my side. The moral of the story? It's a cold day to be a rabbit. Or a van.


Forgive my rambling. The cold may have crystallized a few brain cells.

We've employed all our usual, well-honed tactics to survive the grey days of winter...

The girls have been perfecting their driving skills via Mario Kart.


Snowball fights have erupted with little or no warning.


We broke out the Valentine's Day decor early, desperate for a splash of color.



My kitchen keeps cranking out sweet carbs, much to the chagrin of our waistlines. But on the bright side, my exhaustive search for the perfect snickerdoodle recipe is finally over!



It's not a bad way to spend the winter, really. Apart from hibernating.

Stay warm, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment