Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Till I See You

This song by Hillsong has been rattling around in my heart and head for days now so I thought I would share it here. I am a list person. I make lists daily - chore lists, shopping lists, baby lists, etc. And for all the lists sitting around the house there are probably another dozen in my head. I am ashamed to admit that sometimes my brain becomes so full of what I think needs to be done, accomplished, bought, made, given, taught, sent, written, cleaned, etc. that it all drowns out what is truly important:

1. My Savior suffered and died on a cross that I might know redemption and my heart should sing everyday in thankfulness because of it.
2. My future is secure. I will one day fall into the arms of my Lord Jesus and be home forever.
3. In the meantime, I will pray for strength to live a life that shines Jesus and glorifies His amazing Name because He is sovereign, He is good, and He is worthy.

TILL I SEE YOU
The greatest love that anyone could ever know
That overcame the cross and grave to find my soul
And 'til I see You face to face and grace amazing takes me home
I'll trust in You

With all I am I'll live to see Your kingdom come
And in my heart I pray You'd let Your will be done
And 'til I see You face to face and grace amazing takes me home
I'll trust in You

I will live to love You
I will live to bring You praise
I will live a child in awe of You

You are the voice that calls the universe to be
You are the whisper in my heart that speaks to me
And 'til I see You face to face and grace amazing takes me home
I'll trust in you

You alone are God of all
You alone are worthy Lord
And with all I am my soul will bless Your name


No comments:

Post a Comment