Sunday, August 29, 2010

Snapshot Sunday: David Hutton Memorial 5K

Over a week ago we were able to participate in a local 5K so I thought I would break out some of those pictures for Snapshot Sunday. It was Andy's 312th race (not really, but I have lost count at this point) and my first. (Insert insanely nervous, hysterical laughter here.) I decided it would be a good idea to have a practice race under my belt before I actually attempted the half-marathon. I'm not sure what that really accomplished except now when I'm standing around at the starting line in Presque Isle with my rubber legs, sweaty palms, & heart palpitations, all while fighting the urge to vomit ~ it will at least be a familiar feeling. Andy ran really well, shaving more than a minute off his time from last year and came in 9th out of 83 runners. I succeeded in meeting my threefold goal of...
1.) Not succumbing to my nerves and puking before the race even started.
2.) Not tripping and falling and all together making and idiot of myself.
3.) Not coming in dead last. Or second to last. Oh, and beating at least one guy. I beat three, thank you very much.
All in all, it was a successful race, a beautiful day, and fun for the whole family.

If you feel the urge to ask me what's with the ridiculous whirly-gig on top of Andy's head, I'm going to tell you to ask him. There are somethings that even a wife cannot explain or understand. I will tell you that yes, he did in fact run the entire race like that. And when he saw pictures of himself afterward, somehow I got in trouble for "letting" him run like that. Sheesh. Sometimes you just can't win.

The girls had fun practicing their 400 meter sprints and training for next year. They were both quite enthralled with the whole race experience. The last picture is our cheering section to which, of course, we credit all our success.


1 comment:

  1. Toby still talks about that "cwazy hat on Andy's head when he was wunnin'." :)

    ReplyDelete