Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What's Next?

With the marathon behind us, we've been hearing a lot of " So what's next?" and figured it was time to post a little about the next steps in this adoption journey. We are only $685 away from our initial $10,000 goal. Something we figured would take years to achieve has taken God only a few months. This winter (besides revelling in a break from all double-digit mileage runs) we will be focusing on saving the remaining $685 and finishing projects to ensure that the house is home-study ready.

The $10,000 that we set as our first goal will cover our agency fee, program fee, and the home study. Once that home study is complete we will be eligible to apply for adoption grants and loans to try to tackle the remaining $17,000. Agency forms, background checks, financial worksheets, medical forms, home study questionnaires, dossier, and loan applications . . . basically we are $685 away from
A
SMALL
MOUNTAIN
OF PAPERWORK.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jill (and hubby). I know what a lot of work you guys have done already and I just know that God will be helping you the rest of the way. I'm praying for that special child God has picked out for you (and for your family as you guys go through the process). HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you guys are amazing. I wish I could take a thousand people who do not believe in GOD and stand them in front of the way this has unfolded for you. I think your family could make many non-believers, believers! He has put a tremendous task at your front door and has helped you overcome many obstacles to get there. I love this story and I hope that the adoption agency shares it with many other people who are just starting to save the money! GOD has great things planned for you and your new little one. I can't wait to see the way this story turns out :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this aloud to Mark, and we had a chuckle over the small mountain of paperwork... Actually, the chuckle may have had a bit of an eye twitch accompanying it - remnants of our own mountain climb...

    ReplyDelete