It is summer and it is g l o r i o u s.
We are currently soaking up the sun in August, but we crammed enough activity into the final weekend of July to usher her out in style, let me tell ya.
It was time to bite the bullet and tackle The Adoption Fundraiser Yard Sale, Take II. I was admittedly less than stoked about the prospect considering the events of The Adoption Fundraiser Yard Sale, Take I. I helped set up our fabulous assortment of "treasures" at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning and then left it all in the capable hands of this rather motley looking crew.
Because Baby Boy #3 is on his way and his nursery was still pink. With ancient, old-lady wallpaper. And a dilapidated crib.
But mostly because we adore this chick and getting a chance to knock her socks off was just too much fun.
So Alex (The Girl With the Absolute Best Hair Ever), Kristen (Running Buddy Extraordinaire and Star of Many Blog Posts), Katie (The Lady So Tough Not Even A Little Thing Like Surgery Recovery Could Slow Her Down On Makeover Day) and I tackled
the room...
In one day, (7.5 hours to be precise)...
We annihilated the wallpaper.
We bid farewell to carnation pink and hello to Sherwin Williams "melange" green.
We assembled brand new furniture.
And gave new life to the old.
We added some finishing touches.
And then surveyed our handiwork.
At the end of one very long day, the yard sale was a smashing success. And, I feel the need to add, without the appearance of a single drop of rain. Our approximate combined total from both yard sales is $1,200. Praise the Lord! (And a great big virtual hug to my "motley crew" who I love so much!)
Our nursery remodel resulted in one of the best surprises I've ever had the pleasure to be a part of. This face says it all...
So. Worth. It.














No comments:
Post a Comment