You were worried. I know.
Worried that we had fallen off the face of the planet.
Worried that we were secretly being held captive in our basement.
Worried that we had won the lottery and moved to our own remote island in the Caribbean, living in harmony with the surf and the sand and the complete lack of outside communication. (*insert wistful sigh*)
Well folks, I am here to alleviate your fears. Have no fear, we are still here. Ha. (And apparently feeling a bit Suessical today...)
It's just in the day to day bustle of being assaulted by To Do Lists, smothered by laundry piles, and threatened by an empty fridge, blog maintenance happens to fall by the wayside.
What We've Been Up To:
Andy and I watched Food Inc., a documentary on the American food industry, and read The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. They both blew our minds. We will never eat the same way again.
I registered Nelly for Kindergarten. (There was minimal weeping.)
Lilly has mastered writing her name. (Although sometimes the Y appears in odd places. You know how wily that Y can be.)
I decided to train for a marathon. (I figured if I officially put it on the blog, I can't chicken out, right?)
Andy expanded the garden. (Again.)
Janelle has become obsessed with Star Wars. Her friend Eli is a huge fan and she never understood what he was talking about so Andy decided to give her the five-minute-preschool-cliff-notes-version of Star Wars. This resulted in roughly 32,894 questions. Can. Of. Worms.
I have learned to make my own coffee creamer, cheese crackers, butter, mayonnaise, ranch dressing, ketchup, cream of mushroom/chicken soup and a host of other staples. (Slap an apron on me and call me Martha.)
I secretly pine for my own milk cow. I would call her Gladys and she would be a perfect shade of chocolate brown. (It's true. I can't make this stuff up people. Don't even get me started on chickens.)
Andy is learning about composting, Janelle is learning to tie her shoes, Lilly is learning to write the alphabet, and I am learning to make bread from scratch. I'm not very good at it yet but I refuse to be defeated by a lump of dough.
So those are the highlights. I can't promise it won't be another month before I post again but I can promise that if we ever move to our own private island in the Caribbean, I will send you all a post card. Cross my heart.
Friday, March 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1. if you win enough money to move to the caribbean and don't take me, i'll hunt you down and then you'll be sorry
ReplyDelete2. i've decided you can keep gladys at my house to keep our beef cows company. mine will just be cow1 and cow2 though. if i'm going to eat them i think it would be impolite to give them real names.
3. you forgot the most important piece of info--your new number!
4. seriously, moving to the caribbean without me is trouble. consider yourself warned.