You little screwball.
It's a good thing we love you.
And it's an especially good thing you are so stinkin' cute.
And Halloween? Let's be honest.You and I have never been on the best of terms. We both know I don't approve of you consorting with all the witches and zombies and miscellaneous monsters dripping bodily fluid, which makes our relationship awkward. Give me a turkey dinner or Christmas lights any day. But you certainly made a name for yourself this year, didn't you?
We made it halfway through Halloween without incident.
Then came Rest Time.
Rest Time in this house means all children retreat to their bedrooms and play quietly for an hour. Sometimes they fall asleep. Usually they play school, or read books, or color. This is when the Mama of the house frantically dashes around checking tasks off her To Do List in a tornado of productivity. (Or sometimes she sits at the computer with a cup of coffee and wanders around Pinterest. *ahem*)
Anyway... this particular rest time was especially quiet so I was sure my Lilly had fallen asleep. I was deeply entrenched in Basement Stairwell Renovation, Stage 3 (that is a whole other blog post) until I glanced up to see her standing at the top of the stairs... weeping miserably.
And did I mention a good 85% of her hair was GONE?
She didn't just cut her hair, she chopped it off in a manner that made me suspect I should check her room for a weed whacker. All that remained was a tiny, sad rat tail hanging off the back of her head.
After I recovered from my mini-stroke, I rushed her to Alex, Hairdresser Extraordinaire, who proved once again that she is the ultimate Hair Magician.
To get the full effect, here is Lilly BEFORE:
And here is Lilly AFTER:
Happy Halloween!




I think it is VERY cute. She made a perfect pixie with that cut.
ReplyDeleteAnita