I've written about words before. A year and a half later, and I worry that this house might possibly explode with all the words bouncing off the walls. Because now Lilly's words join her big sister's.
And if Janelle talked in paragraphs, then Lilly talks in chapters.
All day.
Every waking hour.
She'll talk about everything and anything and sometimes even about absolutely nothing at all. She falls asleep talking and wakes up talking. And the kid is funny. She cracks me up on a regular basis. She brandishes words like "apparently" and "obviously" with ease. She expounds on her love of donuts and prattles on about Daddy's job and chats about her friend Micah.
Andy is now greeted at the door by 3 women chattering on at him about their day. I know what you are thinking.
Yes, he is one lucky man.
The only time Lilly's flow of words cease is when she is confronted by an unfamiliar face. Then she will clam up tight and you can count yourself lucky if you even win a smile. If she's not particular about her subject matter, she is particular about her audience.
And I have to add that sometimes Lilly doesn't just talk. It must be Papa Steve's genes throwing their weight around because when she really gets fired up, there is gesturing and passion and intensity and *ahem* volume that can only be described as preaching.
Oh yes. Our Pickle's got a little preacher in her.
And all these words? I love them. They make this Mama's heart swell. I can't wait to hear what will come out of her little pink lips next.
Keep talking Pickle. We want more words.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment