Friday, May 1, 2009

Then vs. Now

I used to always be on time. I used to take leisurely evening baths and have time to shave my legs. I used to go to the bathroom with the door closed. I used to be able to change out of my pajamas before noon. I used to have spotless floors, a sparkly-clean bathroom, and a weed-free garden. I used to wake up feeling rested and refreshed. I used to be a size 4 and could run 5 miles. I used to have meaningful adult conversations on a daily basis.

Now I am serenaded by a 2 year-old giggle. Now I have the power to make the whole world right with just one kiss. Now I am entertained everyday by a little comedian. Now I know the perfect contentment of cuddling a sleeping baby. Now I get 30 (or more) hugs a day. Now I live with someone who thinks I know everything. Now I know the joy of first smiles, first steps, and first words. Now I know the wellspring of love when you look into your newborn baby's eyes for the first time. Now I better understand my Heavenly Father's unconditional love.

Now I know what it feels like to be called Mama. Nothing compares.




2 comments:

  1. And we'd pick now over then, hands down. Thanks for a perpective reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, nothing compares to being called Mama! It's the best:)

    Thanks so much for linking up with us at Flashback Friday!

    ReplyDelete